Why Drupal and Joomla! Suck
Submitted by prophead on 21 March, 2009 - 17:54
Top ten reasons why Drupal and Joomla! suck:
- They are way too easy to install and configure.
- They are excellent at managing content.
- One does not have to give anyone their credit card information to download them.
- They have way too many 3rd party extensions, especially Joomla.
- They have communities that are way too large and, on the whole, much too friendly and helpful.
- They are easy to write templates/theme for (although some may give Joomla! the edge here).
- They have forums where users can ask and answer questions.
- They have semi-decent documentation
- They have created a service industry around them, e.g., selling templates, themes and extensions, building web sites, providing ongoing operations and maintenance support, etc.
- They have provided shining examples of the benefits of open source software development.