On August 17 Joomla! will turn ten. 10 Years Together as a community, as contributors and as friends. For this special occasion co-founder, Brian Teeman, has created a website to celebrate 10 Years Together. As a community we’re selling unique and time-limited shirts.
Your network is secure, your computer is up and running, and your webserver is still online. Why? Because you’ve got an awesome sysadmin (or maybe a whole IT department) keeping your business up and running. So say IT loud; say IT proud …
Are you a creative person that is able to manage projects and deliver them on time? Do you like working with a team of talented designers?
Our Marketing Team is looking for a creative and experienced Lead Designer.
The Marketing Team is underneath the Community Leadership Team. We work close with the Production Leadership Team and Open Source Matters and all areas of the project. The lead designer will have major influence on marketing materials and websites.You will:
- Work with a team of talented designers that is capable of creating the finest possible visuals
- Provide direction and support to the design team
- Ensure that the design team works in the most efficient manner
- Take part in our weekly meeting to improve the design product
- Identify marketing initiatives and opportunities
- Play a crucial role in elevating our reputation
- Develop templates and documentation that aid all parts of the Joomla project
- Inspire and motivate!
- 7 years design experience, both in digital and in print 2-3 years experience managing a team of designers
- Proficient in designing for the web, mobile and other connected devices
- A strong portfolio of personal design work, demonstrating your unique style and creativity
- Experience working with leading brands Strong, motivational leadership skills
- An interest in Open Source philosophy and not-for-profit initiatives and organizations
- Excellent knowledge of English (and any other extra language! We are an international project!).
- Culturally competent
- Good listener
- Able to work remote with volunteers from all around the world
- You must be someone who is always on-hand to support his/her team
- Leading and volunteering for the award-winning CMS
- Be on a team that is passionate about design and marketing
- Have a meaningful impact on Joomla's future
- Build the experience that powers 3% of the web
- Your work will be showcased to a worldwide audience
- Possibility to take part in our annual conference
- An amazing team that will support you and trust your choices and skills
Interested? Then fill out this short form right away and we'll get in touch with you as soon as possible!
The Joomla Event Travel Programme (JET) is pleased to announce that we have selected 12 members from the worldwide Joomla community (Algeria, Argentina, Canada, Germany, Kenya, Mexico, South Africa, Spain, and Uganda) to attend the upcoming Joomla! World Conference being held November 6-8, 2015 in Bangalore, India.
With 29 applications to choose from, it was a difficult decision that was made easier because of the Application Criteria that was put in place prior to the call for applications. We would like to congratulate the following JWC15 JET recipients:
Alejandro Fabian Pascoli
Søren Beck Jensen
They will have the cost of admission covered to the Joomla! World Conference, and will receive assistance with travel and lodging.
The JET Programme is an initiative that was created to support active project volunteers and community members who have dedicated time and energy to make Joomla better; and who would like to attend larger Joomla events, such as the Joomla! World Conference.
We wish to thank all those who applied, and congratulate those who were accepted! We look forward to seeing you in Bangalore!The JET Team
The Joomla Event Travel Programme team members are:
- Dianne Henning (Community Leadership Team)
- Guillermo Bravo (Community Leadership Team)
- Roland Dalmulder (Production Leadership Team)
- Jessica Dunbar (Production Leadership Team)
- Saurabh Shah (Open Source Matters)
- Marijke Stuivenberg(Open Source Matters)
- Radek Suski (Joomla Events Team)
The joom.la url shortener was changed recently to a YOURLS setup which gives Joomla! a wider customisation possibility. The Team has exported all former short URLs to our knowledge, however we may have missed some.
Over the past 10 years, Joomla! has evolved naturally as a solution with guidance from the many wonderful volunteers and contributors. While this has worked for us so far, in order for us to remain relevant we need to start looking outside of our volunteer groups for direction. Namely, we need to start thinking about our end users - their needs, wants, and how they actually use the CMS in their day to day.
To kick off this process, we are rebooting the currently inactive Joomla! UX Team. This team is underneath the Production Leadership Team, and our first project will have major influence in how Joomla! 4 looks and functions from an end-user standpoint.
To make this happen, we need volunteers! Particularly those who have experience in one or more of the following:
- Enterprise UX (this is a big one!)
- User research & user testing
- UX Strategy
- UI Design
- International accessibility standards
If you have experience in those areas, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing how you'd like to get involved and how you can help.