- Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action. (Benjamin Disraeli)
- Those who live in glass houses should refrain from building rock gardens in their front yards.
- You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. (Frank Zappa)
- All right brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer. (Homer Simpson)
- Don't let the doorknob hit you where the dog should have bit you. (Michael Wilbon)
- If you don't like the drumbeat here, you can always look for a different band to march with! (apologies to Henry David Thoreau )
- Many have a reputation that precedes them, but only a few have a reputation that succeeds them.
- When disagreement becomes unacceptable, communication ends and propaganda begins. (Paul Delbar)
- Adhering to the four freedoms associated with the GPL does not require a vow of poverty.
- Should the anti-social among us be banned from joining social networks?
- Those who live in the past are the pawns of those who live in the moment.
- We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality. (Albert Einstein)
- When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. (Maslow)
- Why reinvent the wheel? Because we don't like the person who invented it. (Jen Kramer)
- If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough. (Dries Buytaert)
- I'm so glad I have a spork. It goes with my collection of other novelty items. You know, my rubber ducky, my beanie hat with a propeller, and my chattering wind-up teeth. (Owen Fagerli)
- If you find yourself without your spork, in an emergency, visit a KFC. They have lots of black plastic sporks. I know. I used to grab 5-6 every time I went there. (Owen Fagerli)
- Change ain't lookin' for friends. Change calls the tune we dance to. (Ian McShane as the character Al Swearengen in HBO Series Deadwood, Episode 26)
- That's a clown question bro. (Bryce Harper)
- If good things come to those who wait, are procrastinators set for life? (Tweet by George Mason U, 17 September 2012)
- Yet one more time our fearless leaders played a game of "Kick the Can" and it ended in a tie at the edge of the Fiscal Cliff.
- Sorry kids we cook EVERYTHING in the sauerkraut today. You're lucky dessert ain't in there too! (Tweet by @Pittsburgh_Dad, 01 January 2013)
- Think like a gardener; work like a carpenter. (Jim Larranaga)
- The older you get, the more important it is to not act your age. (Ashleigh Brilliant)
- Redskins fans deserve a better result.... (Owner Dan Snyder on their 3-13 2013 season)
- I think Denver forgot why they were there. (comment on Superbowl XLVIII results by William Hill)
- Friends: You have life long ones, you have passing through ones and you have those that hang around while there is something in it for them. Once they have what they want they are hardly seen again! (Wayne Kline, CSC).
- You can't have a light without a dark to stick it in. (Arlo Guthrie)
- Life is much easier when you choose to treat people as acquaintances rather than friends.
- Each of us put our hand on the Bible and swore to uphold the Constitution. We did not place our hands on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible. (Brian Sims, Democratic Congressman from Pennsylvania)
- The world is governed by four-year-olds. (David Brooks on NBC's Meet the Press, 11 January 2015)
- Mitt Romney says he will not run for president in 2016, crushing the hopes and dreams of tens of people. (seen on Twitter.com, 30 Jan 2015)
- Efficiency is a good thing: e.g. Arabic Numerals: 888. Roman Numerals: MCCCLXXXVIII. (Neil deGrass Tyson)
- You can't put an old head on a young body.
- Trusting the government with your privacy is like having a Peeping Tom install your window blinds. (John Perry Barlow)