The Ohio River originates at the "Forks of the Ohio," the historical name for the confluence of the Allegheny and Monongahela Rivers at Pittsburgh, PA. The image above depicts this location, which is known as the "Point," as it appeared around 1920.
The picture on the left is a contemporary view of the Point. The picture to the right is of the US Army Corps of Engineers Lock and Dam #4 on the Monongahela River about 30 miles south of Pittsburgh near a town called Charleroi. ...read more about The Point