The List - 2010 to Present
Submitted by admin on 6 January, 2010 - 17:57
- Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action. (Benjamin Disraeli)
- Those who live in glass houses should refrain from building rock gardens in their front yards.
- You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. (Frank Zappa)
- All right brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer. (Homer Simpson)
- Don't let the doorknob hit you where the dog should have bit you. (Michael Wilbon)
- If you don't like the drumbeat here, you can always look for a different band to march with! (apologies to Henry David Thoreau )
- Many have a reputation that precedes them, but only a few have a reputation that succeeds them.
- When disagreement becomes unacceptable, communication ends and propaganda begins. (Paul Delbar)
- Adhering to the four freedoms associated with the GPL does not require a vow of poverty.
- Should the anti-social among us be banned from joining social networks?
- Those who live in the past are the pawns of those who live in the moment.
- We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality. (Albert Einstein)
- When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. (Maslow)
- Why reinvent the wheel? Because we don't like the person who invented it. (Jen Kramer)
- If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough. (Dries Buytaert)
- I'm so glad I have a spork. It goes with my collection of other novelty items. You know, my rubber ducky, my beanie hat with a propeller, and my chattering wind-up teeth. (Owen Fagerli)
- If you find yourself without your spork, in an emergency, visit a KFC. They have lots of black plastic sporks. I know. I used to grab 5-6 every time I went there. (Owen Fagerli)
- Change ain't lookin' for friends. Change calls the tune we dance to. (Ian McShane as the character Al Swearengen in HBO Series Deadwood, Episode 26)
- That's a clown question bro. (Bryce Harper)
- If good things come to those who wait, are procrastinators set for life? (Tweet by George Mason U, 17 September 2012)
- Yet one more time our fearless leaders played a game of "Kick the Can" and it ended in a tie at the edge of the Fiscal Cliff.
- Sorry kids we cook EVERYTHING in the sauerkraut today. You're lucky dessert ain't in there too! (Tweet by @Pittsburgh_Dad, 01 January 2013)
- Think like a gardener; work like a carpenter. (Jim Larranaga)
- The older you get, the more important it is to not act your age. (Ashley Brilliant)